Businesses that design, build, and develop new software products and applications know the importance of Quality Assurance Testing. Though QA testing is used in most of the industries, especially in the manufacturing industry, the services are more complex when it comes to the IT industry.
In today’s scenario with many enterprises releasing software applications for the web, desktop, and mobile devices, it has become important to provide quality products to stay in the competition. The best way to assure the quality of a software product is by testing is based on various factors.
QA testers are in demand for the same reason. Many professionals are working as freelance testers and are forming independent testing companies to provide a wide range of automated and manual testing services to these enterprises.
There has always been a question of whether enterprises should Outsource Testing Service or if they should hire testers permanently. The answer to this depends on various factors ranging from the volume of the project to the overall cost of investment for the enterprise and the deadline to complete the project and launch the software product.
Each enterprise makes a decision based on what suits its requirements the most. That said, there are certain advantages when it comes to outsourcing the testing services. Before we see the list of advantages, let us first know more about different types of testing services and how they are useful in ensuring the quality of the software product.
Testing can be categorized into functional and non-functional testing. Each category has several types of software testing that are performed at various stages of software development.
Unit testing is a low-level testing service where individual components and elements of the software application are tested individually to ensure that each of them is just the way it should be. These tests can easily be automated to save time.
This testing focuses on the requirements of the software application. The output of the action is checked to see whether it matches the specifications of the application. Functional testing doesn’t test the intermediary actions.
Performance testing checks the behavior of a software application under various conditions. It is a non-functional test and is used to assess the reliability, stability, and sustainability of the software, especially during the peak traffic times.
This test is conducted to check how each of the components in the software is interacting with the other and whether there are any errors and bugs in the connections. Integration tests are expensive and time-consuming as they need macro-level testing and expertise.
System Acceptance Testing
Acceptance testing is done almost at the end as it requires the entire software application to be up and running. The software is tested by replicating user behavior to see if it is delivering the right results to the users.
Regression testing involves testing the software application as a whole unit to see if it requires any modifications. Regression testing can be automated so that all components of the software application are covered.
Why Outsource Testing Service
Enterprises can hire experts in the industry to work on their software projects by outsourcing them to the best company.
- With many talented testers opting to freelance and become a part of independent testing companies, enterprises have a better chance of getting efficient services by outsourcing.
- Enterprises will only have to pay based on the project and the services provided. By outsourcing, enterprises can reduce the amount of money they pay as salaries to in-house testers.
- Outsourcing has no fixed cost. The cost depends on the volume and complexity of the software product, the deadline, and the type of testing services required. Enterprises will find it easier to pay based on the project than pay a standard amount irrespective of the services provided.
- Enterprises can focus on what they do the best, i.e., creating and developing new software while the experts handle the testing process.
- Outsourcing testing services save time for enterprises. They can get started on developing another software product while the previous one is being tested by experts in the field.
- Developers need not have to take up the task of testing the software product. They can stick to their core strengths in developing software applications.
- Enterprises can get detailed reports about the software from the firms they have outsourced the testing services. This documentation helps enterprises in minimizing the errors so that they can develop software products with better quality.
Transparency is one issue enterprises should expect from the firms that provide testing services. Asking about the previous projects, a sample of documentation, the cost of the services, etc. is a must before finalizing a firm to outsource the testing services.