When we talk about Law firms, the first thing comes up in the person’s mind is legal documents. Handling and working with tons of legal and confidential documents in not everyone’s cup of tea. Lawyer, Contractors and other persons also who works with law firms face various challenges while managing plenty of legal document. Thus, most of the law firms depend on Legal Document Numbering System to organize all their documents in a hassle-free way.
What Is Legal Document Page Numbering System All About?
Basically, Legal File Numbering System is used to uniquely identify the document by adding bates number to it. This makes easy for the user to work with legal documents having bates number. Moreover, all the legal documents are available in PDF file format as it is one of the most versatile and platform-independent file formats.
Now coming to Bates number, it can be added to numerous legal documents such as courtroom documents, evidence, confidential reports etc. With the addition of bates number, it becomes easy for law firms and other users also to manage files easily.
Now, The Question Crops Up:
How to Add Bates Number to Legal Documents?
To manage PDF legal documents, the user needs to insert bates numbers in PDF document. Thus, in the below-mentioned section, we are going to explain a step-by-step method for legal document numbering:
- First of all, convert PDF documents into MS Word format using any free online program
- Now, you have to open the document in Word. Click on Insert tab and then click on Page Number option
- You need to select one of the desired style Top of Page/Bottom of Page/Page Margin Menu according to your requirements
- After selecting the style to add bates number, you need to add content and it is done!
- Now, legal document page numbering process gets completed and you will notice that bates number gets appeared on each page of your document
Also, Need to Manage File Series of Legal Documents?
Do Not Worry, Just Take A Deep Breath! SysTools PDF Bates Numberer is here to help you out. There are numerous lawyers and users who are not able to manage PDF files containing various pages. Thus, they can make use of PDF Bates Numberer software to add files series to PDF files. The software is integrated with Generate Bates Number For File Series Option, which makes easy for the user to add bates number according to the combination of PDF file and its pages. Moreover, one can also do print the file after the legal document numbering. To manage file series of PDF documents via PDF Bates Numberer tool, one has to follow the steps explained below.
- First, download and install the software for legal document page numbering
- Now, click on the Bates option at the top. You will see three different options that are Generate Bates Number, Generate Bates Number For File Series, Print PDF
- You have to select Generate Bates Number For File Series option.
- Click on the Add File button to insert the PDF file and click on the Next button
- In the Bates Number Format section, you need to add Series For Files, Prefix, Suffix, Numberer of Digits, Start Number, Increment By, Separator
- In the Additional Information section, you can insert Additional Text and Text Positioning according to your choice
- After entering all the details, click on the Next button.
- Now, in the Bates Number Positioning section, you can set the bates number placement
- Set font size and color in the Font and Color Section. After that, select the file naming convention as per your requirements
- Now, click on the Browse button to select the destination location to save the resultant PDF file
- The software will show the Summary related to all the changes implemented by the user
- Finally, click on the Generate button to begin the legal document numbering process
- The software will display the message after the successful completion of the legal document numbering process. To check the results just navigate to the destination location
Resolve All Your Legal Document Page Numbering Issues With SysTools PDF Bates Numberer!
Various law firms and users face issues while dealing with plenty of legal files. Thus, in the above section, we have introduced a simple approach for legal document numbering. Sometimes, the user is not able to implement manual method correctly due to lack of knowledge. So, one can make use of an automated solution that is PDF Bates Numberer to add bates number to PDF files and files series also in a trouble-free manner.