Mr. Bradley Cope had shared a way to perform Outlook offline OST files to Office 365 migration. He had recommended a trouble-free solution to migrate OST to Office 365.
Facility to work offline is featured by the email server to permit mailbox accessibility in spite of server inaccessibility. However, since the emergence of cloud computing, on-premise services have turned into slightly frail. Therefore, the rise in the ratio of users keen to import OST to Office 365 mailbox became evident, said, Mr. Bradley,
Even I was also one of them who searched for the solution to migrate OST file to Office 365 mailbox. After exploring a lot, I got a solution by BitRecover to export Office Outlook files to OWA mailbox.
Table of Contents
How did you decide to migrate OST file to Office 365 mailbox?
Organizations desire to move OST to Office 365 owing to universal convenience it reduces to account holders.
Here is a detailed aspect at the complete scenario of importing from Exchange offline storage to hosted account.
Migrate MS Exchange Offline Storage to Office 365
Offline storage of MS Exchange on-premises is created with OST extension. This file is limited to its source mailbox as well as server forest. Therefore, it is fixed as far as such migrations are taken on the concern.
Moving to Hosted Services to Cloud Platform
Evidently, the cloud-based or hosted counterpart of Exchange is more superior over on-premises. Due to the following key points:
- You don’t need synchronizing any file with the email server, just log in to your mailbox and use.
- Being at a cloud-based platform, MS Office 365 Exchange mailbox arises with the universal convenience.
- No, any hardware or software configuration is needed. Thus, even not restricted to the server connectivity.
How to Import OST File into Office 365?
After searching for the direct solution, I got BitRecover OST to Office 365 Converter. I found the application worthy to perform the migration of data.
I tried the application’s free demo before investing on it. I understand the tool’s working and purchased the licensed version of it.
Let us check out the steps to import OST to Office 365 mailbox.
- Download and install OST to Office 365 Converter on your machine.
- The tool gives an option to upload .ost files, i.e. convert configured MS Outlook mailbox data.
- The software will preview folder in the application’s panel, choose the required folders to migrate OST to Office 365 >> click on Next button.
- If you are not having MS Outlook configured on your similar machine then, choose the second option “Select My Outlook mailbox data.”
- If you want to migrate multiple OST files then, choose an option Select Folder otherwise go with Select Files option.
- If you want to recover and migrate your corrupted OST files then, choose an option “ Use Recovery Mode”
- If you browse the data files from the stored location by using an option Select Folder. Tool will preview all the folder. Check the desired folder that you wanted to import and click on Next.
- Choose Office 365 from the list of options.
- If you want to change the language then, check an option change language.
- If you are an Admin then, check an option “I am Admin”
- Open the MS Office 365 on your system. Then, enter your credentials of Office 365 account.
- Choose an options “permissions” and choose Hygiene Management. Now, click on the “+” icon to just add ApplicationImpersonation role.
- After this, Click on the ApplicationImpersonation and click on Add button >> click on OK.
- Moving on click on “+” icon for adding admin account users/members list.
- Choose the member and Add button and click on Ok.
- Click on the Save button after update is done, you will have completion message.
- Add the mailbox delegation usage for administrator then click on Recipients.
- Click on Mailbox Delegation >> click on the “+” icon for the addition of Full usage to an Administrator. Click on Save button.
Now, go to tool’s panel again.
- Enter credentials of your MS Office 365 account on the panel and also enter server name >> Click on Next button.
- Once the migration is done, you will have the message of completion.
In this way, I migrated all the data from OST to Office 365 mailbox directly. Tool makes easy to perform migration without any issue. No, any application is needed to perform the migration. The best thing I found that tool moves unlimited data without any issue. Let us have look at tool also.
Impressive Attributes of OST to Office 365 Converter
This tool to import OST files to Office 365 account comes with a series of other advancing properties, which add up to the worth of this utility.
- Select OST Files/Folder: Using OST to Office 365 migration application, users get to select whether they need to import multiple files of their need or whole folder having multiple Offline Storage Files for migration.
- Migrate Selective Files: The unique skill of this tool to move OST files is that; users can limitlessly migrate multiple and desired .ost files without coming across any ruin of performance.
- View Migration Progress: The tool capably shows the live progress of migration of every data from .ost file to O365 mailbox. This way users can successfully stay up to date with the migration procedure of OST file at each stage.
- Effortless User Interface: Although import .ost files to Office 365 tool is designed technically to allow users with the precise conversion but, it does not cooperation with the operational ease as well as renders user-friendly interface for same.
Finally! I must say that data migration from the desktop to the cloud is a challenging task. Using an appropriate solution makes it easy to perform data migration from OST to Office 365 account.