It is a quite complicated task to convert DBX to PST in Outlook. There are many users searching for the same solution to execute the task. So, in this editorial, we will introduce users with best techniques to migrate Outlook Express emails to PST.
But, before going to the solution section, let us take a brief idea about the need of DBX to PST conversion.
Needs to Migrate DBX to PST Format
There are various reasons due to which Outlook Express user convert DBX to PST in Outlook. Some of them listed below:
- Microsoft Outlook offers to filter incoming and outgoing both email messages while Outlook Express can only filter the incoming items.
- MS Outlook offers advanced features such as calendar, journal, task, etc. are which is not available in Outlook Express.
- Outlook express is usually used by the home users, on the other hand, Outlook is used by the corporate users for business purpose.
Technique 1: Convert DBX to PST – Using Best & Safe Approach
With the help of Bitrecover DBX to PST Converter Software is such a professional way to export DBX emails messages to Outlook PST format. This is one of the best application for converting DBX files to PST quickly, without affecting the integrity of data. This advance utility allows users to convert multiple DBX files to PST file format at once. Also, it provides the free trial edition which allows users to convert the first 25 emails in PST or other supported formats.
Technique 2: Manual Method
The manual approach does not convert DBX to Outlook PST format directly. Hence, there is a requirement of other third application such as Windows Live Mail, or another email client of Microsoft. By using the Windows live mail, a user can convert Outlook Express DBX files to PST. It is a three-step process; make sure to follow each and every step carefully.
- Migrate Outlook Express DBX Files to Local System
- Export DBX Files to Windows Live Mail
- Move DBX Emails to Microsoft Outlook
Step 1: Migrate Outlook Express DBX Files into Local System
Follow the below steps, to copy all the Outlook Express DBX file on the system.
1. Open the Outlook Express in your local machine for converting DBX files to PST.
2. After this, Hit on the Start >> Control Panel to convert DBX to PST in Outlook.
3. Choose the Appearance or Themes option and go to Folder options to export DBX files to PST.
4. Folder Options window will appear on the system screen. Press on the view tab. Verify files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders option.
5. Now, a user required to save folder, entitled as Outlook Express into the local system.
6. Once all steps are completed, copy these files to another operating system, for example, Windows 7 or 10 by using Data cable.
Step 2: Export Files to Windows Live Mail
Now, transfer all the copied DBX items into Windows Live Mail.
- Open Windows Live Mail program to the machine.
- Then, click on the File tab, a drop-down menu will appear and choose Import messages option from the menu to convert Outlook Express DBX files to PST.
- New Windows Live Mail Import window will appear on the system screen.
- Select the MS Outlook Express 6 and click on Next button to export DBX files to PST.
- The Import mail from an Outlook Express 6 store directory box is selected, by default. If it is not selected auto, then select it manually.
- Click on Browse button to navigate Outlook Express folders that are copied in Windows XP earlier. Hit on the Next button to export DBX files to PST.
- Select the mailbox that is like to move into Windows Live Mail. The user can choose the folders individually or can upload all the items. Then, press on Next button for converting DBX files to PST.
- After hitting on the Next button, the process will start. Now, wait until the process gets completed. Once the process completion, click on Finish.
Step 3: Move DBX Emails to Microsoft Outlook
Final steps in which all the DBX items gets converted in Outlook PST.
- Open Outlook 2010 and parallel launch MS Windows Live Mail 2012 on the machine.
- In Windows Live Mail, hit on the File tab, a drop-down menu will appear. Select the Export option in the menu. Then, select the Email mails option to convert DBX to PST in Outlook.
- A Windows Live Mail import window will appear, select MS Exchange from the Format option, and hit on Next to convert Outlook Express DBX files to PST.
- After that, this message will be displayed on the system screen this will export data from Windows Live Mail into Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook. Click on the OK to move further.
- Select the email folder individually or select all mailboxes by with the help of Select folders option to convert DBX to PST in Outlook
- Click on OK button, once the export procedure is done, then Export Complete dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Finally, hit on the Finish, and now all the DBX files get converted to the Outlook PST file.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Manual Method
- Free of cost
- Risk of data loss
- The process requires good technical knowledge
- Does not guarantee accurate conversion
- Harming the data integrity of emails
- Graphics and other images in emails might break or corrupt
Nowadays, as technology growing day by day, so most of the users want to switch from one platform to another. So, in this article, we have discussed the need along with the manual approach. Due to various restrictions. We have suggested a safe & secure solution named as BitRecover DBX to PST file Converter. Now, you can choose any solution to export DBX files to PST format according to their need.