QuickBooks File Doctor is also called the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool that assists you to resolve issues considering company file corruption errors and common network for the QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool helps users in detecting and correcting enormous issues that obstruct proper connections amidst QuickBooks, the Database Manager, and QuickBooks Company files.
This QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool supports to troubleshoot the most common networking and multi-user errors like the H-series or 6000-series errors that occur when preparing to open a Company file.
Table of Contents
Issues fixed by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- When the user is unable to use QuickBooks and link it to the database.
- If you are not able to identify which Firewall ports should be opened.
- Connection problems in QuickBooks Database.
Installation method for QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool
- Check that you do not possess already installed version of QB Install Diagnostic Tool on your system.
- You can download it from the OEM site, and double-click icon after the process.
- After opening, verify that you carefully abide by the instructions throughout the installation.
- If you contain the Windows 10 Operating System, you might have some risk while installing. Ensure that your .NET framework is configured perfectly.
- After your successful installation, the application must open on its own.
- If it fails, then simply click on the green QuickBooks Icon on your Desktop.
How to Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Double-click on the QuickBooks Network diagnostic tool icon to operate it, and then follow the given conditions considering troubleshooting,
Diagnose Connection tab
This tab permits you to determine the system set up to check the company file can be made use of from a computer, whether organized as single-user or multi-user. If permissions are not put in correctly, or if the firewalls or ports are blocked, errors can be found.
Firewall Status area showcases the general instructions regarding the Firewall.
Test Connectivity area allows you to analyze and scan your workstation’s connectivity.
To test Your System’s Connectivity
- Click the button nearer to the Company File field to place your Company file.
- When the network setup is in Alternate mode use Linux systems only, you may choose the Change Hosting Server check box.
- It is crucial to ensure that before you access the connectivity test, all statuses appear as Not Applicable in Blue.
- Click the Test Connectivity
- If the File Open Status occurs in Red denoting that the test has failed, the Advanced section will widen to show all places that were checked.
- Now, once again run the tool to verify for any further issues.
- When the File Open Status, you will find that the successful message occurs on the server, continue the above steps to every client system which has installed QuickBooks.
- Stay patient while the tool is working. It could take a while to detect and repair your issues. This is based on your network speed and the size of your company file.
Hope, this article provides the best solution. If you face any difficulty in following the above steps, you can get connected with our QuickBooks Support Helpline at Accountant Squad, who are available 24/7.