If you love pizza, and you’ve tried making it at home, you are sure to have encountered the argument on which type of pizza oven is best. Is it a wood fired pizza oven or a gas oven? Is one better than the other? If so, what makes one oven a better choice for pizza making than the other?
There are many questions as to which oven is the best when it comes to pizza. Both types come with pros and cons that make choosing which oven is best more difficult than it should be. To help you out, here are some of the reasons why people choose one over the other:
Wood Fired Pizza Oven
For most purists, a wood fired oven is considered the best way to make pizza. Here are some of them:
- Cooking pizza in a wood fired oven gives you the authentic taste that you can only get when you use wood.
- It gives your pizza an aroma that you can only get when you use wood to cook it.
- It has the wow factor that only a wood-fired oven has.
- It gets to 400 degrees Celsius really fast. You can get your oven to the perfect pizza heat in less than five minutes.
- Your pizza cooks in 20 minutes or less with this type of an oven.
- It is a great conversation piece and can be a good activity at family gatherings.
Gas Fired Pizza Oven
Some people look beyond tradition and authenticity when it comes to cooking pizza. They want an oven that is easy to use, which is one of the main advantages of an oven that uses gas. Here are other reasons why gas ovens are chosen by some for pizza making:
- No need to go through the many steps needed to get a wood fired pizza oven going. All you have to do is turn on the gas, light it up, and wait for the heat to get to the right temperature.
- You don’t have to clean out your pizza oven of ash and leftover wood after each use.
- You can easily control how hot your oven can get, which can be difficult when you use a wood fired oven.
- These ovens are also easier to turn off after use when compared with a wood fired pizza oven.
How to Choose Which One to Get
While there are a lot of advantages to using a gas fired oven when making pizza, a lot of people still prefer a wood fired one despite its many quirks. Authenticity in flavour and the experience it brings with it when you decide on homemade pizza for dinner is hard to replicate with a gas fired oven. Not only that, but a wood-fired oven also gives your backyard some personality. Now these days you can easily get a wood fired oven from any popular e-commerce stores .
Of course, not everyone can actually have a wood fired oven made out of brick constructed in their backyard. This is why some people opt for a gas-fired oven instead. To determine which type you should get, here are some considerations you have to remember:
Where to put your oven – If you have a sizable backyard, you can easily have a wood fired pizza oven made out of brick constructed there. If you don’t have the space for it though, you can have a gas fired one instead. You can also consider buying a small wood fired oven that is made out of steel, which combines the compact shape of a gas oven and the functionality of a wood fired one.
Your preference – If you want the authenticity that a wood fired oven brings, then a wood fired pizza oven is your best option. If you would rather have the convenience of a gas fired oven, then the latter is your best option.