Modern IT enterprises are using hybrid integration to share information and connect with other companies. The connectivity between the cloud system and the on-premise system has become requisite since the cloud applications have started to evolve. Whenever there are endpoints like the on-premise systems & cloud, we approach the platform of hybrid integrations.
As the hybrid integration platform evolved, the integration providers started implementing the platform as an integration tool. The tool is used to connect different data sources, systems, and on-premise & cloud-based applications.
Table of Contents
About Hybrid Integration
Industries or enterprises are choosing digital platforms for their growth. There are numerous benefits of choosing digital platforms; businesses can share information easily. The real-time sharing of information can be only possible through a connected (externally & internally) application. When siloed systems and applications are connected, companies can deal with different endpoints, i.e., they can deal with on-premise systems (legacy systems) without the need for extracting data from sources & cloud applications.
Some integration providers hype the term ‘hybrid integration’. We can understand the term in a simple definition. It is used to exchange information between two or more than two applications (some applications are on-premise while others cloud).
The functionalities of the hybrid integrations match with the traditional integration solution.
Important Functions of Hybrid Integrations:
- The interface components help in exchanging inbound & outbound information.
- The data translation tools help in receiving data in an easy format.
- It processes orchestration functions for enabling content-based routing & controlling message flow.
- It is possible to monitor and alter tools for the effective working of hybrid integration. In this way, solutions can be provided without any flaw, and errors can be easily fixed.
The above functionalities are up to the mark for different integration solutions. Whether you are looking to connect on-premise legacy systems or lOT devices, the hybrid integration will help connect easily.
While developing the solution, the architects have to create on transformation and integration orchestration irrespective of the type of integrated applications. Following this approach will help in building and managing solution from the core solution. It will further allow developers to edit interfaces as required.
Hybrid Integration Platform
A hybrid integration platform can be defined in different ways. Technologies that reduce the overall development cost and maintain data interfaces and application are also called the hybrid integration platform. Most hybrid integration platforms comprise essential tools that help developers to create the desired functionalities.
According to Gartner, “traditional integration tools are not ample to solve the complexity of hybrid integration platforms. Thus, we can say that such platforms are iPaas tools that allow the integration between endpoints.
Role of Hybrid Integration Platform
Hybrid integration platforms:
- ensure the effective working of different types of operating systems. For example, on-premise, cloud ones.
- help in breaking silos and extracting data from multiple sources.
- help in reducing the IT expenditure and connecting legacy data sources to the cloud.
- provide agility and increase the scope of innovation by linking applications within the ecosystem and disclosing the data.
Benefits of using Hybrid Integrations
As the cloud and SaaS adoption are getting popularity, users require tools to connect different on-premise systems that allow the rapid development between different architectures.
- You can get tailored solutions for exact requirements.
- It has become easy to connect internal systems.
- Companies can get agile, scalable and flexible solutions.
- One can easily transfer the data when needed.
- The integration platform provides a secured platform.
- No one can access your data.
- There is more possibility of innovation as well as the digital transformation.
Strategic Role of Hybrid integration platforms
Hybrid integration has been playing a strategic role to provide effective operations, so we must create an integration strategy that provides versatile connectivity solutions.
Planning is the most important step. Tech-savvy has to check different possibilities of integration while formulating any plan. Check the availability of existing functions of integrations, their development, tools used during the development. Also figure out the method of integration, i.e., whether you have used point-to-point integrations or other types of integrations. Check the type of connection – EDI or APIs.
In the next step, find out the integration solutions that you want to apply in the future. Depending on your requirements, you can also plan the time for the solution. For example, you can extend from twelve months to five years.
Once you have made the layout for your plan, you have to start the research part. In the research segment, you have to find out the tools, and services that can enhance the efficiency of your team. Assuming the requirements to connect on-premise and cloud applications, you have to find hybrid integration vendors.
For the strategic sharing of information, organizations plan to outsource their integrations. Irrespective of the type of hybrid scenario, the development and deployment should be made fast.